Welcome Senior Writing Class of 2016!

Welcome to our blog!  I’m looking forward to working with all of you.  In order to get to know you a little better, I’d like you to complete this survey.

I’d also like you to sign up for the Remind service and set up a Dropbox account so that you receive all class communication and handouts. We’ll be working a lot digitally – both to save paper and so that your writing can have an audience.

“People say, ‘What advice do you have for people who want to be writers?’ I say, they don’t really need advice, they know they want to be writers, and they’re gonna do it. Those people who know that they really want to do this and are cut out for it, they know it.”
—R.L. Stine, Writers’ Digest

The most important thing as a writer, however, is this: Just write. Write every day. Write everything. Stop worrying about writing well and just write.

“One thing that helps is to give myself permission to write badly. I tell myself that I’m going to do my five or 10 pages no matter what, and that I can always tear them up the following morning if I want. I’ll have lost nothing—writing and tearing up five pages would leave me no further behind than if I took the day off.”
—Lawrence Block, Writers’ Digest